Is fashion a full time job for you?

If you like reading fashion blogs, trying on new clothes, BUYING new clothes, helping your uninformed friends not look a hot mess, then being fabulous is a full time job for you.



I will be posting lots of skin products and reviewing them for you, makeup and hair looks as well as reviewing any new products I come across and just having fun being fabulous!


Please ask question on anything you would like me to post about. Thank you for stopping by!!!!
















Monday, March 7, 2011

Who doesn't love a fabulous breakfast?

Wow, I have to share one of my favorite recipes ever with you.  Now, I'm not much in the kitchen (who wants to ruin a manicure?, Not me!)  But I do love breakfast food.  I came across this recipe a few years ago and its my favorite french toast recipe out there.  Let me say, it's not your wonder bread dipped in egg and milk like the old days.  Its beyond scrumptous:

French Toast

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2003

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
24 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
4 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 cup half-and-half
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons honey, warmed in microwave for 20 seconds
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old or stale country loaf, brioche or challah bread
  • 4 tablespoons butter

Directions

In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, and salt. You may do this the night before. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment